1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Request: ringtones and notification tones volume increased

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tigatron, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

I'd like to make a request if somebody can help me out. I have a hard time hearing my phone go off even with volume all the way up if I'm on the go.

I've tryed myself to amp up the volume of the tones and they worked when placed on SD card in folder "ringtones" but if I put them back to the stock location they show in settings but are silent.

If somebody can figure out how to double the volume and get them to work in stock folders that would be great.

Thanks WFTiger

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

I moved this from the all things root section as it doesn't seem to be a root issue. This phones volume is awfully low to begin with. I hope someone where can help.

Tigatron likes this.
  3. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Thanks I thought I posted in all things root. (Tapatalk gets me confused)

The volume of the warp is better than my EVO. 4G was but I'm walking, riding bike, working on cars, or driving and can't hear it.

4. justtom

justtom Android Enthusiast

whitefiretiger I have a idea that might work out for you it worked perfect for my Son.Download Zedge and search for load ring tones there are plenty and see if that works for you.Its what my son had done for when he was bar tending part-time at a Collage bar with bands playing.Good Luck And Have A Good Day.

Tom.

5. Alsaces Daddy

It was in the all things root section but this only seems like a general issue unless it is ROM related which is unlikely, given most if not all the devs have increased the volume somehow if not just by adding in an app to do so.

There was a discussion the other day about this same thing. Let me see If I can find it.

6. Alsaces Daddy

I didn't know that zedge could increase the sound. I might look back in to that app.

7. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Thanks. What I did was pull the files from the rom and used the PC and ran them through a sound program and increased the sound then put them back.

I found most needed the volume doubled and others almost triple.

8. justtom

no it wont increase the sound but they have plenty that are very load.

9. justtom

very good like your thinking.

10. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

If somebody is willing I could zip the ones I actually use and email them.
    I only use a small portion of the ringers. Oh and I'd love to amp up the alarm tones.

11. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Problem with the idea is once I put them back they won't play. I'm not that experienced with sound editing and what androids needs or limits are on the formatting.

The plucking the files and putting them back is why I put this in all things root to start because you have to be rooted to move the files

12. Alsaces Daddy

You only have to be rooted to move system file but if you think it would further help then I can move it back.

13. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

I'm sure its OK here.

Just hope somebody that knows more than me will show up and can help

14. Alsaces Daddy

Someone will come along. If it doesn't get Any answers in the next day or so I will see if the root guys can help. Good luck!

Tigatron likes this.
  15. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Thanks

16. You do have to be rooted to move the stock ringtones and notification tones which I think is what he is trying to do.

As for the OP, if they work when you put them in the ringtones folder on the SD card then why does it matter if they're in the original location or not?

When you ran them through the sound program did you save them as .mp3 or .ogg because the original files are .ogg and if save them as .mp3 then that could cause an interference.
    Also, did you set the permissions to rw-r--r--?

17. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Because I want to incorperate them into the zip file for if I have to are flash the rom. Plus I have a habit of downloading a lot of large files to the SD card and every bit of free space helps. And with how heavy I lean on the SD card it has to be formatted every once in a while

18. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpimdts4db1gtmj/audio.7z

This should be what you're looking for. I extracted all the original OGG files from the stock ROM, imported them into Audacity, boosted their volume, exported them as WAV files, converted back to OGGs with bitrate optimization using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 then ran them through MP3Tag to fix the name display issue. When boosting the volume, I didn't enable clipping, since this can sometimes result in clicking and popping in the final audio, so some files got a sizable boost, others got next to nothing. When I have more time I'll go back and use clipping on the individual files, testing each to make sure they're boosted just under the snap, crackle and pop limit. You can use 7Zip (freeware) to uncompress the archive and use a root-level file browser to replace your factory audio folder which is located in system/media/audio.

Let me know how it works for you!

Tigatron likes this.
  19. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Thanks . I'm going to start the download. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Edit: can't get my phone to dl ill have to use my PC tomorrow

20. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

No problem. I completed the second set of sounds, this time with clipping enabled. The thread for the pack is here.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews