• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root REQUEST - stock firmware .tot file

well you need to get a phone that is new sold in store or someone that has a new phone not a refurbished phone in order to allow you to donwload, I did a lot of research because I ran in the same problem and read in several forums even at XDA that LG tends to do that for all their refurbished devices instead of allowing it like the new phone will allow me to download to restore, now I have to go through a lot just to download it , I have to get a new one to start the download then from then on once the download starts then connect my phone in download mode and then allow it to install.

Upvote 0
Iam really starting to hate LG

Can you send me a suspended virtual machine

Suspended at the download point?

So i can plug my phone in and continue from there

lol
plzzz XD :)

I could actualy very much use a suspended virtual machine from this point. If you could please do use thagt huge favor, it would be very much appreciated by me and a lot of other people :)

Upvote 0
ive found some hidden lg low level screens, and metro ones as well. via programming in my own apps only, i will put them in the advanced section of my app. they could be useful to some, id be very careful though as im not even sure what half those options do, some are tests, programming and hardware related things.

Reactions: DroidFan83
Upvote 0
I think i can recover my phone with lgnpst, but i need the stock firmware file

it should be about 300mbs or so maybe less.

Its the file that lg mobile update tool downloads to update your phone

If anyone can give me a copy of this firmware i would be at your feet.

i found a link to the ZVA's, click here

but cannot download it

still, we have a missing DLL file to flash the ROM

Upvote 0
i found a link to the ZVA's, click here

but cannot download it

still, we have a missing DLL file to flash the ROM

Of course you can't download it. You're not accessing the URL from the program that's used to call it thus you're missing identifier information for the URL to unlock.
There won't be a way to get the file at that URL unless you code a program with the same identifier keys to get it as the LG tool has, and a midst four debugging programs, several screens of disassembled code, and extracted files/resources I've yet to find anything that even gives me a clue as to where their key is stored, or how it's generated.

Upvote 0
yup we are trying to aquire the dll now/ ;)

Hey Pg i also managed to gt hold of the bin and cab and wdb file for our phone. And also the direct download link sniffed from the lg updater tool. Here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGMS840/AMTPTG/MS840ZVA_00/MS840ZVA_00.SA_00.P3026.cab . And that's damn incredible you guys got the hold of the .tot, i was planning to upload a vmware image for the recovery but now that we have this that's awesome. Also inside the cab file there is a MS840_WD_1_0_4_0.dll if you want I will upload it, but from the experience of lg esteem wont work but wont also hurt to try right. Here the link for the dll Dev-Host - MS840_WD_1_0_4_0.dll - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Upvote 0
Hey Pg i also managed to gt hold of the bin and cab and wdb file for our phone. And also the direct download link sniffed from the lg updater tool. Here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGMS840/AMTPTG/MS840ZVA_00/MS840ZVA_00.SA_00.P3026.cab . And that's damn incredible you guys got the hold of the .tot, i was planning to upload a vmware image for the recovery but now that we have this that's awesome. Also inside the cab file there is a MS840_WD_1_0_4_0.dll if you want I will upload it, but from the experience of lg esteem wont work but wont also hurt to try right. Here the link for the dll Dev-Host - MS840_WD_1_0_4_0.dll - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
got it, will test it in a few.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones