• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Requesting FBI files through FOIA

Thatdad

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2013
South Georgia
I knew of them recording stuff but didn't know we can access these copies thanks for this very helpful.

You're welcome!

Not sure if they do some 'minor' editing.. :p

But I had a decent amount of work on me. Mostly just keywords here and there.

If you want a large file done, be prepared to wait around 6 months or longer. Well worth the wait though. (I waited around 4 and a half months)

Upvote 0
There is actually no precise equivalent of the FBI in the UK: MI5 has a similar National Security remit but is an intelligence (strictly speaking, counter-intelligence) agency while the FBI is largely a police agency that also deals with intelligence-related National Security issues.

The UK also has Special Branch which, like the FBI, has some national security remit and is a police agency however, unlike the FBI, it's not national. Each (regional) police force maintains it's own Special Branch, though the various Branches do co-operate .. in theory, at least.

I believe there are those in the US who believe the FBI should be split into separate entirely police and entirely intelligence agencies. There are probably people in the UK who think MI5 should do it's own policing.

The UK Freedom of Information Act does include a right to request a copy of information held about you by the police (for a

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones