1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Requesting help (urgent, multimedia text messages)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SpotlightR, May 23, 2016.

1. SpotlightR

SpotlightR Lurker
    None

May 23, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys, I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active as my daily driver and all has been well up until today. Every text message I get appears as a multimedia message with a download, and upon pressing the download button I am greeted with, "Currently unable to download, please try again later." This has been going on for about 16 hours now and it is extremely frustrating as I need to be able to contact family, friends, etc.

I have tried looking for a software update, restarting my device, removing the sim card, and going through the Messages app in settings but to no avail. If anyone has had a similar problem or has a solution I will be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Is it from one sender or multiple senders that the messages are trying to come through as MMS? I take it you don't have very good 3G/4G coverage where you are, or is it failing to download when it should have good enough coverage?

3. SpotlightR

SpotlightR Lurker
    None

May 23, 2016
    Male
    Multiple senders. My 4g has been alright recently though. The messages come in as a multimedia message with a download button on them, and they are failing to download.

4. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    That's very strange. They are definitely just sending normal SMS and not group messages too? You are using the stock messaging app?
    Could try a different messaging app or clearing cache in current app maybe. Nothing different happened that you can think that might have caused this?

Jfalls63 likes this.