• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Required software for scanning mobile networks regularly in background in custom ROMs.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have xiomi redmi note 4 and I am using custom ROM in it. Every thing is working fine except mobile networks are dropping down.

Previously I have used MIUI 9.2 and after that I have flashed up to 10 custom ROMs and tested them thoroughly. All custom ROMs are being failed in keeping mobile networks in good condition but MIUI os never failed in keeping mobile networks in good condition.

First I have tried resurrection remix 5.0 and 6.0 and the fact is that both failed and even worst in keeping mobile networks in good condition. After that I have tried line age os 14.1 and 15.1 and both of them are better than resurrection remix. After that I have tried dirty unicorn and it is also better than resurrection remix. Finally I have tried AOKP custom ROM and it is the best in keeping mobile networks in good condition but unfortunately aokp team stopped doing work on my device ie., redmi note 4 aka mido.

All the custom ROMs exhibit the following behavior
1) when I turn on the device it shows that I am connected to 4g LTE network.
2) After sometime the network switches to hspa and after sometime switches to edge.
3) Sometimes very rarely the device shows that no mobile networks found.

I have the habit of browsing web and downloading files and all the custom ROMs exhibit the following behavior.
1) At first I start to download a file of size 150 mb using download manager like ADM ( advanced download manager ) and at this stage I am able to see LTE I mean the device is connected to 4g LTE network. At this stage download speed is from 150 kbps to 500 kbps and even sometimes 1.5 mbps.
2) After sometime the mobile network switches to hspa and after that switches to edge network and download speed reduces to 5 kbps.
3) Sometimes very rarely the device shows that no mobile network found. At this stage download fails abruptly.
4) ADM has the option to pause and resume download if no mobile network found up to 1.5 minutes and so the most of downloads succeed.
5) I frequently checks every three minutes whether there is proper connection like LTE and if I found edge network I make a phone call to someone and after that the mobile network switches from edge network to LTE.

Upon examining the above scenario in order to download something I must frequently check whether there is proper connection like LTE and if not I must call someone so that the mobile network is switched back to LTE network.

I have illustrated the above scenarios without moving to other place I mean standing at the same place.

What I am expecting is my mobile must always be connected to LTE and if not h+ or hspa and less preference must be given to edge network.

At present I am using AOKP with android version 7.1.2.

Is there any firmware in order to scan mobile networks regularly in background and keep connected to LTE. If there is no firmware at least is there any application in order to scan mobile networks regularly in background and keep connected to LTE.

Regards,
Rupesh.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones