• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WilTek76

Lurker
Nov 24, 2010
I have an Eris. I got it a week or two ago. I rooted it and put 2.2 on it. Then for no reason I went back to 2.1. I made a few mistakes..never again. I didn't back up. I know have 2.1 without recovery options. My question is can I reroot? Can I ever get my recovery back? And can someone help me / point me in the right direction?

Advance Thank you......I am searching it's just a little confusing and a lot of info.

You can root and reroot as much as you want. If you were able to root once then you should be able to do it again. My question is did you unroot to go back to 2.1? You do know that you could have just flashed a 2.1 rom that is way better then stock. Check the sticky at the top of the thread. You probably did the one click root method so just do that again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones