• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resale value of Inc on Dec 29

I was thinking this morning:
-A lot of Inc owners got their phones on launch day April 29.
-I assume there were a lot that also signed 2 yr contracts.
-That means there are a lot of Inc owners can get an early upgrade on Dec 29, 2011.
-I assume a lot of Inc owners will be clawing their own eyes out to get their hands on a Bionic, Prime, or my personal fav, Vigor at that time.

I see that used Incs are selling for around $100 and up.
htc droid incredible | eBay

Usually I keep my last phone around as a back up so I can quickly change out phones in the event of loss or damage. But this is my first smartphone, and I don't really care to live without one now. BUT money is tight, if I could get $100 my unit in excellent condition it would be worth it to sell it. If I can only get $50, maybe I'll hang on to it for the first year.

However, I suspect the price will plummet with an abundance of out-of-use Incs. Anyone care to speculate on what the resale value of the Inc will be and if it'll be worth it to sell it?

I honestly think there's not going to be a lot of resale behind it nor want of used Inc's on the market honestly.

Frankly, I'm in the same boat. I have my upgrade at the end of January, and my last New Every Two to use. Most likely its going to go towards the Prime, or less likely the Vigor. I will most likely wipe my Incredible and donate it.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind, a large number in 1st day Dinc. owners will be upgrading in Dec/Jan. This extra supply is going to drive the price down. If you do plan on selling the sooner the better.

That was exactly my premise.

Thanks to the feedback on this thread, I plan to keep my phone as a back up for my wife and I. I'm sure it'll come in handy, even if I only use it on wifi.
Besides, I'm not ready to start over on Angry Birds just yet.

Upvote 0
I figure I'll keep mine around after I upgrade (upgrade eligible in Jan). I've got two daughters with LG Ally's, and this would be a good upgrade for either one of them (or a good backup should anything happen to one of their phones).

Upside is, if something is wrong with one of their phones, they just hand it to me (instead of Dad, who's got a Motorola Droid 2 and still figuring it out) and I fix it. :)

Upvote 0
That was exactly my premise.

Thanks to the feedback on this thread, I plan to keep my phone as a back up for my wife and I. I'm sure it'll come in handy, even if I only use it on wifi.
Besides, I'm not ready to start over on Angry Birds just yet.

Root it, backup AB data then root new phone and transfer saved data:D:D

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
From what I read around a lot of people dont think there is any need to upgrade. There are a lot of people who will keep these phones after the two year period. At least that what there saying now.With being able to changing Rom's so easy why switch. I just upgraded to 2.3.4 today and its running so nice. A very stable Rom for sure.

True but there are a fair number of newest/latest/greatest folks also.

I love my dinc but there are some things I''m looking forward to...

-Larger screen, I use my phone as a maps/gps unit also and the Dinc screen is a little small for that purpose.

- LTE, just cause, no real reason :/

- Better battery life, (lol yeah I know this is a wish)

I'm hoping the HTC Vigor will be the next "Dinc" i.e. just a great all round phone.

Upvote 0
I bought a large battery for my dinc the first week I had it. The battery life was horrid.
I can get 4 days out of one charge although it made my phone fatter Im used to it by now. I also have a Acer A500 Tablet and now I dont use my phone as much for internet and email so its not as important to me anymore.
but i still love to tweak it and play with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones