1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Reset binary counter without triangle away

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hey guys. Yesterday I was using my samsung galaxy s4 (international version), everything was fine, I locked the screen and put it down and the next time I picked it up (3 mins later) the amoled screen was only displaying the top 0.5 cm of the screen. I have never dropped the phone or anything so I know thats not the problem and there is no way of fixing it without it being replaced. The problem is that the phone is rooted and im hoping to send it back under warranty, I know how to un-root etc but resetting the binary counter to 0 and the device status to normal without triangle away app by Chainfire is a problem given I cant use the phone to install the app.

Also I'm not 100% sure that the counter will be above 0 anyway because I have never seen the triangle I saw before on my rooted Samsung Galaxy SII. This may be because at the moment I have only flashed the one stock rooted jellybean rom and no custom ones.

So basically if anyone can tell me if my binary count would even be above 0 and therefore I don't have to worry about resetting it and can get on with the un-rooting process. Or if anyone knows a way of resetting using a computer or an alternate method to triangle away that would be great to hear from you. I have looked everywhere i can think of that might give me a hand but they all use triangle away so thanks a heap in advance to anyone who has any information they are willing to share.

Cheers, Sam

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Get hold of Chainfire (he's on xda) and ask him if you can do it through adb. He knows what has to be done to what where, so he's already 90% there. We're starting from scratch trying to answer you.