• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reset Keyboard to Default?

Ok so I installed this experimental keyboard thats supposed to be optimized for smaller screens (Called 8Pen, free on the store if you wanna check it out, quite cool.)

But I wanted to return to the defauly sony erricson keyboard before I went out last night (this 8Pen thing's kinda funky and I knew it would all go wrong once alcohol was mixed into the equation lol.) But I couldn't find the option to. So uninstalled 8Pen, but now all I get is a standard "Mobile" keyboard ( 2=abc, 3=def etc.) in portrait mode and a crappy QWERTY keyboard in landscape as opposed to a full QWERTY in both.

Anyone got any idea's how to get the default keyboard back?

Thanks.

When your Android keyboard does not work and shows some problem on Android then its better to restore to default. Here is how to restore keyboard to default:

· Click on Settings > go to Personal > Language & Input option

· Then move down to Keyboard & Input Methods option for keyboards list installed

· Here to switch keyboards, click on the Default option and select among the installed and active keyboards.

android-keyboard.png

Even you can click on button just next to the installed keyboard to change its settings. Click on the Settings button for Google keyboard > click on Appearance & layouts > Theme to change look and feel of stock Android keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones