• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reset my phone to the first day's settings

bllester

Jul 27, 2010
Not sure what i've done to my phone, it's not bricked, but I can't get it to go back to the default settings. Each time I do a factory reset, it still has the tether app installed and other things as well.

How do I take it back to the original, or at least somewhat updated original firmware?

Please provide a specific link. I went to the samsung firmwares website and had no idea how to navigate that stupid thing.

Not sure what i've done to my phone, it's not bricked, but I can't get it to go back to the default settings. Each time I do a factory reset, it still has the tether app installed and other things as well.

How do I take it back to the original, or at least somewhat updated original firmware?

Please provide a specific link. I went to the samsung firmwares website and had no idea how to navigate that stupid thing.

you wil have to use odin to either to reset to factory settings or you can try jh3 firmware which also requires odin.

To go back to stock- [STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones