1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reset my screen - AppStore

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Egirlhere, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Egirlhere

Egirlhere Lurker

My phone is new. When u woke today the apps on my desktop were different. How can that happen?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Several ways, so we'd need more information to work it out.

There have been some phones which include "smart" launchers or widgets which attempt to identify which apps you use most, or use at different times of day, and change the apps on your desktop or in the folder to be "helpful". Doesn't appeal to me, but if you have something like that it could explain it.

If you have the option to automatically add apps to your desktop when you install them set then it's easy to do this without realising.

There have been cases where apps add shortcuts to download other apps to the desktop. In these cases they aren't even apps, but I personally still regard that as unacceptable.

At the extreme end, if you installed some piece of malware that has the ability to install other apps it could do this, but as long as you've been sensible about where you install apps from that's unlikely (too many people jump to blame "viruses" for anything the don't understand, and usually it isn't malware).

Some phones intended for the Chinese market have adware installed as part of the OS.

So, as a start, what phone, what launcher, and what has actually changed: have apps been added, removed, rearranged, what apps are involved, have you installed apps from sources other than the Play Store? That should give us a starting point.

darlenehughes81 likes this.

AppStore

AppStore Forum

com.handmark.metro.launcher

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs