1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reset of my n8013 doesn't allow updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stoney62, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Stoney62

Stoney62 Android Enthusiast

Way back when, I modified my 4.1.2 tab so I could use the Switchme app. Since it hasn't had a software update since then, I need to unmodify my system, so I did a hard reset but that doesn't seem to unmodify it so I can get it updated. Help PLEASE!

Advertisement

2. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Android Enthusiast

Try updating with samsung kies maybe

3. Stoney62

Doing that right now! It took me a long time to get it connected to my pc and I finally got the update started. The tab says it's downloading and do not turn off target. The Kies window is a greyish color that now has please connect a device. The firmware upgrade in progress is at 0% and has been that way for some time-- an hour or so. It also says not to disconnect. Guess I'll just keep it going as is and hope it finishes before I run out of electricity-- we have t-storms in the area. My battery backup has been necessary several times already. Any suggestions on what I should do if I lose power completely would be most appreciated!

4. Stoney62

Well, it didn't work yesterday, so I bought a new sync cable. That did the trick today. That and a Samsung Remote tech going thru the process for me. No more root. Software updates now work. I was surprised that the Version updated stayed 4.1.2. Are we EVER going to get 4.4.2?