1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Reset Optimus M Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by byulax22, Oct 3, 2012.

1. byulax22

byulax22 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Can anyone tell me if I'm able to do a hard reset on my wife's phone if all I've done it rooted it? I just want to wipe it out and start over, as it has too much junk on it, it's constantly giving her memory full errors, no matter how much stuff I delete off of it. I'd like to start fresh and add only the apps she needs. One of the posts I read on here made me concerned that if it's been rooted, there could be issues, but I couldn't get a clear answer. I never installed a custom ROM though, just got root access and deleted some basic bloatware. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    You should be able to. Did you install a custom recovery? Either way you should be able to do it through the privacy menu in settings.

3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    None :(
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    If you installed a custom recovery, enter into recovery mode:
    -phone off
    -hold volume down+home+power
    -data/factory reset
    -reboot

If you didn't install a custom recovery, just follow the first 2 steps above.

4. byulax22

byulax22 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Thanks for the info. I've tried, but every time I do it, it boots up normal. Any idea why? Is Titanium Backup a custom recovery? I did do a basic Titanium Backup, but that's all.

5. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX

Its booting normally 'cause you aren't holding the buttons correctly our long enough. That happens occasionally to me. I don't hold long enough and out won't boot to the recovery.

Titanium backup isn't a custom recovery. If you didn't flash one of the recovery images (either getitnowmarketing's or clock work mods) then you probably don't have a custom recovery. TB only backs up apps and data. A recovery will back up your whole OS.

6. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Senior computer repair technician
    Deland, FL
    stock Recoveries are equipped with Factory Reset as well no need for a custom recovery
    also if you navigate to your phones settings menu and look for Privacy.
    a Reset feature is in there and your phone will be a clean slate.

Tags: