• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RESET OS but how to keep data ?

skidrow406

Lurker
May 20, 2014
I 've been using SS Note 1 for 2 years
It's very slow and error often occurs (when setup a new app)
I want to factory reset but I want to keep user data too: SMS, game data (purchased items, progress...) :mad:
Could anyone tell me how to do it safety :thinking:
thanks a lot !!!!!!! :beer:

Hu skidrow406. Welcome to Android Forums. Backing up data is a hassle unless your device is rooted. I'm sure you will be happy with the results of a factory reset though.
It will bring new life back to your device. I would move this thread into your device specific area but I'm not certain if you are hosting the Note 2 or Note 3. If you will let us know what device you are using, we can move your thread into an area where it will receive better attention. The Lounge is a fun area where we just let our hair down and discuss things that are not necessarily phone or android related. It's not necessarily the best place for your needing assistance thread. We want you to get the help you seek.
Please let us know what phone you have so that we may better serve you. Thanks for using these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones