1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reset the Note 4 back to brand new

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoteyNote, Oct 20, 2014.

1. NoteyNote

NoteyNote Lurker

Hello! I was thinking of giving my Note 4 to my mom who could use it for school, and I was wondering how to do a factory reset BUT still have all the apps it came with when I first bought it from AT&T. I know I've disabled quite a few apps, but now I want to make absolutely sure that everything is exactly as it was before.

Can anyone help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much for reading this! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

Settings - user and backup - backup and reset - factory data reset.

3. NoteyNote

NoteyNote Lurker

Thanks for replying! Will this restore the pre-loaded apps and ones that were disabled too?

4. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

Yep! It'll restore it to the way it was when you took it out of the box.

5. flaheat0707

flaheat0707 Lurker

Just got my new Verizon Galaxy Note 4 this past weekend, moving off of an HTC Windows Phone 8X.

Was excited to get everything up and running, set up my accounts, downloaded some apps, and turned on device encryption.

Fast forward 2 days, and now I'm receiving an error message (android.process.acore has stopped working), and shortly afterwards the phone reboots itself.

Attempted to perform a factory reset as a troubleshooting step, and the factory reset does not work. It gives an error about failing to mount the partitions, and reboots.

I wondered if this was happening because the device is encrypted, so attempted to decrypt the device several times. When attempting to decrypt the device, it begins the decryption process, never actually gets past 0%, and within a couple of minutes reboots back into the OS still encrypted.

So tl;dr can't decrypt the phone, can't factory reset the phone, the phone is rebooting itself, and I am stuck on what to do next. Anyone have any suggestions on further troubleshooting steps?

6. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

issue with memory? Take it back.

7. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

I'd take it back to the store. Maybe they can wipe it for you or exchange it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews