• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reset to before update?

Patsean8

Lurker
May 18, 2011
I'm very new to the world of smartphones, and have only had my thunderbolt for about 2 and a half weeks. So I was just curious if there is a way reset my phone to what it was before the update? I see no need to deal with the reboots just for a backup assistant widget.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The only way I can think of to do this would be to flash the phone with a copy of the older firmware image (if available), root the phone, and then change something in the current firmware that will cause the phone to fail the pre-update check so it won't automatically update itself to the new version. This is not exactly going to be as simple as clicking a check box but it'll likely keep the phone from being updated...

Reactions: Patsean8
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones