1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reset Without Internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artbytes, Jun 11, 2020.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

The wifi connection on my Tab 2 no longer works at all. A remedy I've received from multiple sources is to reset to factory. If only I could. Whenever I try, it wants to login to my Samsung account, which it can't do without an Internet connection. It just spins and spins. Same when I try to just delete the account. Any suggestions?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well you need a internet connection to sign in to your accounts.....not much you can do at this point. if wifi no longer works, you either need to get it fixed or get a new device.

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_2_10_1_p5100-4567.php
    A Galaxy Tab 2 is an eight year old device, there's a good chance that whatever router you have is using newer WiFi protocols than this tablet can support.
    What router model do you have? Most will be using newer protocols by default but some do include support for older ones (i.e. 802.11b) if you manually reconfigure its settings.
    But given how dated this tablet is, there are software and hardware limitations to seriously consider -- there are unavoidable security and privacy issues involved so be very, very judicious doing anything online. It's old device running an operating system and apps that have been abandoned for several years.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews