• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Occasoinaly my phone likes to reset it's self, It could be in the middle of a phone call, while idle or anytime it pleases...I'm believing that the SD card could be corrupted and causing the phone to crash cause it only happens while running a program on SD... when the phone has it's "episode" the phone locks up, the screen goes black, the 4 (haptic buttons) menu,home,back,search light up and than the phone's screen lights up on the lock screen, and in the notification bar the "media scanner" is running... if you are confused with what I posted or need any more info from me let me know thanks..

What ROM are you using? FF 19?

What launcher? Standard -Used Go Launcher for a while, got tired of it and deleted it

What class sdcard? using the 2gb card that came with the phone

If ctmod, ssm or data mode? unknown..

Overclocked? NO

Have you added (several) apps to the /system/app folder? just put some music and backed up contacts, I use an app-2sd app I put as many apps on the sd as it will allow me to

Do you use a task killer? I use Advanced Task Killer

... on another note phone.apk is not on my sd... could something else be causing my phone to reset-lockup when i am on a phone call

Upvote 0
What ROM are you using? FF 19?
--you have not installed any custom ROM? Just rooted, and installed the brand new over the air update?

What launcher? Standard -Used Go Launcher for a while, got tired of it and deleted it
--go launcher was the reason i was asking actually, slowed my phone way down. (so did spb shell)

What class sdcard? using the 2gb card that came with the phone

--Which is a class 4. Not very slow, not very fast.

If ctmod, ssm or data mode? unknown..
---If you're on the stock ROM, this doesn't apply to you.

Overclocked? NO
---cross that of the list as a culprit :)

Have you added (several) apps to the /system/app folder? just put some music and backed up contacts, I use an app-2sd app I put as many apps on the sd as it will allow me to
---judging by this response, no you have not added anything as a system app

Do you use a task killer? I use Advanced Task Killer
Task killers are bad, Android does this on its own very effectively without a user controlled app to do it. They actually put more strain on the system. They go more harm than good

... on another note phone.apk is not on my sd... could something else be causing my phone to reset-lockup when i am on a phone call

I'm kinda at a loss... I would bet that you have moved an app to the sdcard that isn't meant to run there, though i couldn't tell you which one.

Did this happen suddenly? Recently? Can you think of a particular app that you moved to sd/ installed right before this problem began?

Upvote 0
not rooted, was tossing the idea around in my head, I have completely factory reset the phone and wiped the sd (reformatted), I'm at a complete loss

How are you using an apps2sd type setup without root? All of these type of apps need root, as far as i know.

Your phone natively sports moving apps to the sdcard, using menu> settings> applications> manage applications> {app name} > move to sd.

The app2sd app could be the culprit...

Upvote 0
the (apps2sd) no root is needed but it tells you if an app can be put on sd or not and you can say put there anyways, alot can't be put there and some even though says can't will work but then some will cause problems because no sdext. he might have told something to be put there when not suposed to be.
i remember using this and worked great till you want more than it can do and then the problems happen, we do things we shouldn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones