1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Resetting Notification Light

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kamau, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Is there a way besides doing a reboot, to reset the blinking notification light? I hate this thing sometimes, when it is blinking, but there's nothing showing in the notification bar. I have to literally go through almost all my apps to find what's causing it, then it's normally nothing in the first place I wanted to know about.
    I don't want to disable it, just reset it.

2. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Anyone?

3. KryptoNyte

KryptoNyte Android Enthusiast

I usually just reboot the phone (completely stock, post OTA update).

I will admit that this only occurs rarely, so I haven't found it to be particularly annoying.

4. skippy126

skippy126 Member

I usually just click on my task manager or some other menu within the quick settings within the notification bar. When I get the random blinking led, if I go into task manager and then exit back out, the blinking goes away.

Kamau likes this.
  5. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I text myself. Seriously. It then resets it saying I have a notification, I read my message to myself, exit out. Bam. notification light gone.

Kamau likes this.
  6. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

That's a good idea. Thanks

7. Superorb

Superorb Well-Known Member

I've had it where I get a text but the light doesn't blink. Equally as annoying.

8. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

This light has now been blinking for 2 days, and I can't get it to stop now. I've rebooted, sent myself messages then clicked on it, done a battery pull.......nothing is stopping it from blinking.

9. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

have you tried a dalvik & cache wipe?

Kamau likes this.
  10. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

That did the job.
    Thanks.

11. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

You are welcome my friend

12. Ted Roo

Ted Roo Newbie

What do you text to yourself? Do you answer it? My curiosity is perked :smokingsomb: :D

I found on mine, if I finger the notification bar so it opens, and I see all those notifications I don't car about, the light goes out. I could about desolder that light. After 30 years of tech support of one form or another, I have a deep seeded desire to not be connected 24/7 :D

Prinny likes this.
  13. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this is a ROM thing. I've done the wipe cache a couple times today, discovering that whenever I received an email, no matter if I opened it or not, the LED continued to blink. Its annoying because at home my phone stays plugged in upstairs, and I don't always hear it ringing. When I come up, and the light is blinking, I tend to think that I got an email or missed a call, which I check. Emails I can stand to miss, but because I have a family, I always check to see if I missed a call from one of them. And when there's nothing there half the time, it gets to be annoying. I have turned off the email notification though to get rid of that for right now.