• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resizable Widgets Not Coming to LP Anytime Soon, Says Developer

ericnail

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2009
Alpharetta, GA
Sadly, In a conversation with the developer of Launcher Pro, Federico, I was told that resizing widgets (New to DX) won't be integrated anytime soon.

Federico said:
Droid X widgets use a proprietary way of resizing that's not available to 3rd party launchers at the moment...

It is important that people know that he has heard the requests, he is just unable to integrate them at the moment due to Motorola limitations.

Also, while on the subject, for those who don't know; A new version of LP has been released (Launcher Pro Plus) and you can find more info on his website:

LauncherPro

I hope many will support his excellent work.

IIRC, ADW lets you specify a widget size. Does this work with the moto resizable widgets?

I don't really care about the moto widgets too much. They are simple and ugly. Not simple and pretty like Sense widgets, or ugly but chock full of features like most 3rd party widgets.

I agree they are ugly and it's more of a gimmick than useful. They basically only resize to a different configuration so it seems that if you picked the right size in ADW it would make them as though you had resized them.

Just tested that out and while they resize, just not dynamically, they don't seem to work (at least not the contact quick task widget) as you can't "add" to them you can only click it and have it open the contact. Once in there you can select what to do, so it's not that quick. If you try to add a task it says "make widget larger to add more task" no matter how big it is. Actually at that point a size hasn't even been decided so they just don't work and this is in both LP and ADW, LP though doesn't give you a choice on size though at all while ADW allows you to select row and column size.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones