1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Resizing picture app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Didz04, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Didz04

Didz04 Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Hi

I'm looking for an app that makes your pictures you take from your camera smaller in terms of memory. I'm on some other forums and when I want to post some pics on to the forum it only allows a maximum of 2mb for each pic. The problem is my experia x10i has a minimum of 2mb for every pic lol, every picture I take is no lower than 2mb so I can't post pics that I have taken from my phone other than to go on the computer and do it.

Seriously it will help me out a lot if there was an app like that because I take a lot of pictures for the forum. I use my phone Internet a lot.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Didz04 likes this.
  3. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2010
  4. Didz04

Didz04 Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Thanks a lot guys :)

5. ReverseYodelin

None

Dec 12, 2011
    The best one is RY Batch Resizer

6. ReverseYodelin

None

Dec 12, 2011
  7. Chip_365

Chip_365 Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I've tested 3 of these programs for my needs & I settled on "Reduce Photo Size" app as the best of these but still not perfect. They ALL suffer from reduced image quality when the image is reduced, unless the image is NOT going to be viewed on anything other than another phone. These programs do notseem to apply any sharpening after resizing & they should. Ideally they should allow user control of sharpening, either with scaleable input or several choices of say, light, medium, strong or edge sharpening.

RY Batch Resizer had for ME, poor quality or blurred outputs, it was VERY SLOW & the free version had ADS (which I personally HATE as it uses up data. I'd rather have reduced features than Ads & RY Batch Resizer Free has both, reduced function & Ads.) RY Batch Resizer is so slow on one image that I can't imagine batch resizing many images.

Image Shrink Lite was also had poor quality or blurred reduced images. It's functionality was also poor for my needs.

Reduce Photo Size was slightly better than the other two for image quality it was otherwise better too. Sadly The free version sadly also has Ads. It is what I use if I have to. I turn off my data connection before using the program to prevent Ads.

Currently, there are NO really good image resizing apps out there IMO. They all have poor image quality for reduced images & none offer user selected or controlled sharpening & for photo apps, they should.

However, you all may be less critical of image quality & so any of these programs will work, but RY will still likely be the slowest.

8. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Does anyone search/read? 3 threads, really?

Quickpic (best gallery app) menu/more/shrink/crop resize, crop, fixed size, custom input...