1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Resolution and availability of apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DJSanjay, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DJSanjay

DJSanjay Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Student
    China
    Hello guys!

Do you think there will be a significant decline in the availability of apps for low-end phones in the next few years as time goes by and better phones are made?

Is it possible that it will be really hard to find apps for phones with low res like 240*340 and 600 MHz CPUs soon?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Not really. I'm sure the developers will still take that into account. The apps would mostly still be there, except for games. Games are really the only ones you have to worry about for low end phones.

DJSanjay likes this.
  3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Yes over time lower end phones will have less and less apps available. When someone is making an app if they use something that is not available in a lower version of Android it can make it so devices running the lower versions will be unable to see the app in the market. I think it will have more to do with the version of Android than the resolution of the device. This won't be something that happens quickly and I would think there will be enough abandoned apps that the market will remain stocked with plenty of apps.

You may have seen apps in the past where there will be the normal version then a 1.6 version this is due to the fact that when making the app for 2.0 it made the app unavailable for devices running 1.6.

DJSanjay likes this.