1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Resolution Issue with Sims Freeplay.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by yochek, Aug 17, 2012.

1. yochek

yochek Lurker

Is there a way to change the resolution display so an app that is too large will display correctly on a smaller screen? Ive tried a couple of apps that change the dpi of your screen, and made my resolution appear smalller, but i think it is only for asthetics on the homescreen and doesnt affect the applications when you run them. as they display the same no matter what.

I reeeally want the sims freeplay to work on my phone, it loads up and everything, but when i get into character creation not all the options are available because my screen is too small and everything bunches up. So is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance for any replies.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Screen resolution is hardware related, not some software hack. There is a limit to how much you can hack it with software. Basically, think of your screen as something made of thousands of tiny lightbulbs. A resolution of 320x480 means you have a rectangle of 480 lightbulbs on the long side and 320 lightbulbs on the short side. No matter what software hack you do, nothing is going to change the number of lightbulbs that form your resolution. Software hacks can't change everything.

In the case of SIMs Freeplay, the software hack isn't enough to alter the rendering for the app. Seems it was compiled to really maximize the use of all pixels. That means the only way of getting it to work on your phone is to actually open up the game installer and alter files, which of course, isn't happening.

The only advice I can give you is next time, buy a better phone and stay away from cheap Androids.