1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Resolved] Android 2.3.4 Evo3d Sprint + L2TP VPN issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Getzjd, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Getzjd

Getzjd Lurker

Here is an odd issue that seems to be limited to a restriction Sprint is imposing. I configured a L2TP VPN to our Sonicwall at work. If I disable the 3g/4g and run off Wifi on any connection (hotel, home, starbucks) the VPN connects and passes traffic just fine. I can run my SIP application, RDP, and ping devices on the VPN and Internet. All other Internet functions on the phone work as needed over WIFI

If I disable the Wifi and run off 3g or 4g, the same L2TP vpn will say connected, show on my SonicWall that it is connected with an IP, but I cannot ping anything on the Internet or remote VPN, I cannot run RDP or the SIP phone client either. I can however still access the standard Internet features via my phone (exchange , IE, etc)

I have found a few other posts on other sites stating that phone companies place 3g/4g users in restricted IP blocks thus blocking some traffic etc...

I have been on the phone and spoke to 3 different people at sprint over the course of the last hour. The first two had never heard of a VPN , let alone L2TP. The 3rd "heard" of a VPn but knew nothing more than that.

Anyone have any ideas??

marctronixx likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jensen

Jensen Member

Have you done the proxy trick so that you aren't going through Sprint's proxy server?

marctronixx likes this.
  3. Getzjd

Getzjd Lurker

Bingo!! That did it. My sprint TV and everything else still seems to work. Data speeds are faster, I can ping over the VPN and connect with the SIP phone.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. wrx7m

wrx7m Lurker

The proxy adjustment did not fix my VPN over 3G issues on my 3D. Rooted stock rom, up-to-date.:thinking:

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

you are rooted and may have other issues. best to create a thread in the rooting subforum. :)

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews