• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [RESOLVED + FIX] GTA Vice City (Car freezing)

jokerpks

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2013
New York
Hello has anyone tried playing GTA Vice City on this phone. It appears that the cutscenes are blurry and whenever you get into a car the screen freezes. This issue is know on many devices and normally can be fixed by increasing the resolution to 100% however that doesn't work on this device. GTA San Andreas works fine even with max setting, I am guessing this might be an issue with the GPU Andreno 305. Does anyone have a fix?

EDIT: ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING METHOD
http://androidforums.com/metropcs-o...ta-vc-freezing-fix-game-graphic-enhancer.html

Hello has anyone tried playing GTA Vice City on this phone. It appears that the cutscenes are blurry and whenever you get into a car the screen freezes. This issue is know on many devices and normally can be fixed by increasing the resolution to 100% however that doesn't work on this device. GTA San Andreas works fine even with max setting, I am guessing this might be an issue with the GPU Andreno 305. Does anyone have a fix?

As a developer, thoroughly familiar with these technologies, my reaction (yes, I've tried all of these) is that Rockstar, the company behind the GTA series, does not yet know how to write 3D rendering engines for OpenGL ES 2 while accounting for the various devices.

There may never be a solution unless Rockstar corrects their code.

I've seen this problem in a number of engines, including supposedly high end engines.

The problem may stick around in various titles for another year before the engine providers get around to figuring out how to accommodate OpenGL ES on the Android ecosystem.

For targets in other 'closed' operating systems, the challenge is much simpler. If the developer need only consider a couple dozen devices they can exhaustively prove their work on all of them rather cheaply, relatively speaking. On Android, however, with so many combinations of device and OS support details the problem is nearly insurmountable without a certain level of disciplined engineering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones