1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[RESOLVED] No Internet on My Mobile Network...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ibuprophen, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Ibuprophen

Ibuprophen Lurker

I have an unlocked Galaxy S3 I535 Verizon phone using Straight Talk

Details:

- Latest ClockworkMod installed
    - Latest CyanogenMod (v12) installed
    - Straight Talk uses Verizon towers
    - the APN's Straight Talk uses is Verizon's
    - Phone service works good
    - Text messaging works good
    - SMS service works good

Now my problem is that I have no internet access via the Mobile Network. I have to connect using a WiFi Network in order for me to gain access to the internet.

I have tried so many different steps to gain access to the internet via the Mobile Network.

And yes... I do have a Straight Talk plan that includes an unlimited data plan up to 3GB but, I never am able to use it.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks a bunch!

Note: Just an FYI (to those who didn't know)... Straight Talk as well as Trackphone, Net10 and Consumer Cellular (as well as a bunch of other brand names) are all Sister Companies that is owned by the Trackphone Corporation and the Trackphone Corporation does not own any tower's. They are under a contract with many different companies who do own towers allowing their customers to obtain their service via their towers. It's funny that even US Cellular doesn't own any tower's, they have a contract with Verizon to use their tower's. This is why phones like the Galaxy S3 & S4 parts for those two companies are solely interchangeable. Just a Sheldon style "Fun Fact". LOL!

~ Post submitted via Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535).

Advertisement

2. LaJoyce

LaJoyce Lurker

I have the exact same issue except I have an S4. This all started after I took a phone update on Friday.

Thanks!

Ibuprophen likes this.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Lookup the APN on a smartphone that was bought from the provider and make sure yours matches.

Often times the person flashing carriers, devs, or an ota update will mess up your APN.

Check APN in network settings and add or edit the right one in.

Ibuprophen and fatnickd1 like this.
  4. LaJoyce

LaJoyce Lurker

Thanks but I've already done that and everything is correct. I should clarify. I have data when accessing the Internet. But I can't access mail or any apps over data. This all started when my phone took an update on Friday night.

Ibuprophen likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews