1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[RESOLVED] Please fix the Android OS-limited [SPOTIFY EQUALIZER-LIMITED] volume!

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by immanust, Dec 4, 2016.

?

Do you want louder audio from your phone's audio jack?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. immanust

immanust Lurker
    None

Dec 4, 2016
    Male
    This isn't as much a question or discussion as it is simply a desparate attempt to show Google that their users of their operating systems often like actually hearing music from their phone. It's really annoying driving fast and not being able to hear music as loudly as I'd like.

Even putting my headphones in is too quiet at the loudest volume. And I know my hearing isn't deteriaorating because I have kept the same volume levels on my other audio devices as I always have and am perfectly satisfied with them. I also know the amplifier in my phone (Nexus 5X) can go louder than the limit it's been set to, cause for a split second at the beginning of an audio stream, it's actually TOO loud for me.

Google! Please let me deafen myself if I want to! I promise I won't sue you! If this issue isn't fixed by the next time I upgrade my phone, I will be choosing Apple for the first time in my history as a cell-phone user.

(Sorry if this is not an appropriate place for this post)

Edit: low volume was caused by spotify equalizer. I'll go back to worshipping google now.

Advertisement

#1 immanust, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    er... you do know we're not google don't you?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If it's a Nexus device you probably can fix it yourself. Maybe use a custom ROM that isn't volume limited.

immanust and psionandy like this.
  4. immanust

immanust Lurker
    None

Dec 4, 2016
    Male
    Yeah I know that haha. I just figured some of their employees probably browse these forums occasionally. I couldn't find how to send in an official complaint to google, so I figured this would be my best chance to get this issue into the mind of someone who can change something.

dontpanicbobby and psionandy like this.
  5. immanust

immanust Lurker
    None

Dec 4, 2016
    Male
    Wow I'm really embarrassed; it turns out the issue was being cause by the spotify equalizer I had enabled! Sorry for wasting everyone's time and thank you for your responses!