1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[RESOLVED] Rooted and I have SuperUser, but I'm not rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BillCosby, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BillCosby

BillCosby Newbie

I attempted to root my phone today. After rebooting I checked and I had the SuperUser icon. I tried downloading Titanium Backup but it says it couldn't gain root access. When I try updating SuperUser it fails. I downloaded Root Checker and it says I'm not rooted. What could have gone wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Hi Bill, I moved it to the All Things Root forum for you.

Have you tried flashing Superuser again? I have the Tmo GS2 SGH-T989, not the Skyrocket, but sometimes when rooting, even though I have superuser in the apps, I'll have to flash it one more time to get root working.

3. BillCosby

BillCosby Newbie

I went into Clockwork Recovery mod and installed SuperUser again and it said successful. After rebooting however I tried using Titanium Backup and it gave me the same message as before. Root Checker says I do not have proper root access. I'll just have to flash the stock rom to unroot.

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Since flashing superuser isn't exactly working, next idea would be is to flash a stock or custom rom to gain root access.

DS

5. Atma

Which superuser file did you use? Which Android version are you on?

6. BillCosby

BillCosby Newbie

7. Atma

8. BillCosby

BillCosby Newbie

I've flashed twice already and each time it says it was successful. I'll try again later post the results.

9. BillCosby

BillCosby Newbie

DUDE IT WORKED! :D I think what I originally did wrong was extracting the SuperUser zip file. I extracted it and placed it in the SDcard/Download section. Today I deleted it and downloaded the zip file again and placed it under SDcard without unzipping. I went into clockwork mod recovery and installed from there and it failed the first time but worked the second time! I was hoping I wouldn't have to install the stock rom. Thanks!

10. Atma

Great! :D Yep, unzipping was the problem.

11. okeano

okeano Lurker

I tried that but it didn't work for me , I got the superuser app but not rooted

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews