• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *RESOLVED* Usb debugging??

Trying to transfer a few files onto my portable hard drive so I can free up memory on my phone (Huawei P8). Used to be able to enable USB debugging in developer options, but now that option is permanently greyed out, even when not connected. This is only recent that it's stopped working so I've no idea where to go. For reference:
-Developer options enabled
-android: 5.0.1
-build number: GRA-L09C432B200

(Also I'm not 100% techy so please explain in layman's terms...)

Try this:
1. connect phone to pc
2. see usb icon on shortcut drop down, you see message : charge only , usb storage , go to pc-software and press ok.
3. go to settings menu- press applications - press development now you can press usb debugging press ok

This wasn't coming up at the time I posted. Passed my phone on to my brother and he's (somehow) managed to get it to work. Thanks for help though!

Reactions: AMOCO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones