• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Resonance/vibration when talking

This sucks because I have this same problem. I really love the phone; the ease of use, the speed, and the screen are all awesome. But, I talk on the phone a lot and poor sound quality is just no acceptable. This issue along with the recent black screen lock up I'm having is really pushing toward another (different) droid. :(

a lot of us have great/good sound quality...it seems to be a phone to phone issue to a certain extent. the lock up thing is more of what a particular employee most likely did to your phone than a phone specific issue.

Upvote 0
I have found that if I don't speak with the mic directly near my mouth, I get much better results. I usually hold the pone nearly horizontally and people can hear me just fine and I get no "feedback". Maybe the mic is hypersensitive dunno.

i'll give that a try, i'd to make this phone work because i got it for free throug that best buy deal. if not i'll have to look at getting the X or the Inc...

Upvote 0
I have been struggling with the same issue. Purchased Fascinate at VZW store. Love everything about it except I have this annoying mic feedback or sidetone when I hold the phone close to my mouth. I too found that holding the mic further away nearly eliminates the problem. I decided to exchange my phone and they gave me a new one. The new one is not as bad, but still very noticable when mic near my mouth and volume turned up. I also think it has to do with the depth na dpitch of your voice. i found my sister's voice doesn't seem to cause the feedback as much as my voice.

It is funny because I spoke with Tier 2 tech support and they said there are no known issues like that related to this phone, that is a pile of BS because I am reading about it all over the net.

I have decided to keep the phone since I use bluetooth or speaker when driving, texting and when I do talk on the handset i just hold it away from my mouth and no one can notice a difference. Only time it will be is problem is when volume is at full, my finger is in my other ear and the environment is super noisy (that is what texting is for :) right). Too bad because it could have been a really great phone if they got that hardware right, especially once the Dev community gets a few more months with the phone. This will hold me over until a solid 4g comes out.

Upvote 0
yeah i have foudn that if i hold the phone away from my face a little more it helps, i also tried getting a replacement and that didnt work, i bet it has something to do with the frequency of certain voices...if it werent for that and the loose volume control it'd be a damn near perfect phone for me!

Upvote 0
actually it is a known issue with not jus the fascinate but all Galaxy S phones. its an effect called sidetone, almost like reverb. Its the effect of sound that is picked up by the telephone's mouthpiece and introduced (at low level) into the earpiece of the same handset, u hear your own voice in the speaker. there is a debugging audio tweak u can do but hasn't really been proven to work 100%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones