• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [resource] Stock ICS System.img, Recovery.img, Boot.img

stevestone

Sep 29, 2011
I have pulled this from my zte flash, which i sold. Its complete stock..
I dont have flash now.

boot.img
recovery.img
system.img
build.prop and partitions info files... so that you can flash as per that..

Here ya go,

http://bit.ly/1fRTTFk

I hope you can unbricked your device by flashing through FTM mode. You need to manually mount sdcard for that.

for flashing this through FTM mode ( volume up + power), follow this :-

http://androidforums.com/vital-all-things-root/820524-guide-zte-vital-supreme-unbrick-guide.html

mine other thread, same instruction..

Flash at your own risk. :D

hi stevestone, How manually mount sdcard to unbrick my zte N9500?
I only can put it in FTM Mode. It's only stuck in android logo. Help please!
If you have cwm installed, just flash the appropriate rom posted on the main forum. To get cwm, download it from the cwm thread to your pc. Put this flashable cwm i just uploaded on your sdcard. Plug your device in to your computer via usb cable. Open up your terminal and cd to the directory on your pc where you have flash_cwm_test2.img. Type the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot flash_cwm_test2.img
once it boots on your device, flash the flashable cwm from your sdcard. Reboot recovery. Restore backup/flash a rom.

Reactions: felix_the_cat
Upvote 0
SuperR, I've got a problem, I don't have CWM installed.
and when I try to get cwm, after commands lines, terminal shows waiting for device.
I plug my device in FTM Mode (volume up + pwr)

C:\>adb reboot bootloader

C:\>fastboot boot flash_cwm_test2.img
< waiting for device >

Sounds like you have a broken bootloader. The bootloader is part of the rom on this device, so if your system directory is not accessible you won't be able to use fastboot. While in ftm, can you gain root access? Try typing:
Code:
adb shell
su
Does the prompt change from $ to #? if so, you have root access and we can get cwm installed another way. If not, there is not a lot you can do.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you have a broken bootloader. The bootloader is part of the rom on this device, so if your system directory is not accessible you won't be able to use fastboot. While in ftm, can you gain root access? Try typing:
Code:
adb shell
su
Does the prompt change from $ to #? if so, you have root access and we can get cwm installed another way. If not, there is not a lot you can do.

C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
? device

C:\>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su

the prompt doesn't change to # , what can I do?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@felix_the_cat Try this:

Here is the CWM installer I made for the warp2. It is an ISO image file that needs to be burned as an image to a cd/dvd. It needs to be booted from the boot menu on your pc.

You should put a copy of the flash_cwm_test2.img on a usb flash drive and a copy of gordon_flashable_cwm.zip on your phone sdcard before booting your pc to the disk. Once it is booted, plug in your usb flash drive and click on the documents icon on the desktop to open the file manager. Copy flash_cwm_test2.img from the usb flash drive to the /home/tux directory (you will see warp2_cwm.img in there).

Click on the black icon at the bottom left of the screen. It will open a terminal. Get your device in FTM mode, plug it in to the pc via usb cable, and type the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
once it boots on your device, flash the flashable cwm from your sdcard. Reboot recovery. Restore backup/flash a rom.

NOTE: Do NOT click on the warp2 icon on the desktop ;)

Upvote 0
@felix_the_cat Try this:

Here is the CWM installer I made for the warp2. It is an ISO image file that needs to be burned as an image to a cd/dvd. It needs to be booted from the boot menu on your pc.

You should put a copy of the flash_cwm_test2.img on a usb flash drive and a copy of gordon_flashable_cwm.zip on your phone sdcard before booting your pc to the disk. Once it is booted, plug in your usb flash drive and click on the documents icon on the desktop to open the file manager. Copy flash_cwm_test2.img from the usb flash drive to the /home/tux directory (you will see warp2_cwm.img in there).

Click on the black icon at the bottom left of the screen. It will open a terminal. Get your device in FTM mode, plug it in to the pc via usb cable, and type the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Thanks for your time mate but, I did all the steps and don't work.
adb reboot bootloader (with this command,device exit from FTM Mode, only red LED turns on. Next, I type this:

< waiting for device >

and waiting forever...

Another possible solution? for example, a cwm root flasher for ZTE Flash N9500?

BR

Upvote 0
only way is by this method..

http://androidforums.com/vital-all-things-root/820524-guide-zte-vital-supreme-unbrick-guide.html

I know it already, as this phone too dont have fastboot.. you need a proper ADB drivers, then you can flash recovery..

Thanks Stevenstone,
I already installed this driver http://androidforums.com/zte-vital/815675-resource-zte-vital-usb-drivers.html but,

When I type adb devices...
C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
? device

I think this is the problem, device is unrecognizable.

When I type

su

don't have response from su

I tried in win XP and win 7

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
SuperR, Do you mean this post?

@felix_the_cat Try this:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader fastboot boot flash_cwm_test2.img

I replied you that this doesn't work for my device...

Upvote 0
SuperR, Do you mean this post?

I replied you that this doesn't work for my device...
I meant try this
When I type

su

don't have response from su

I tried in win XP and win 7
from the terminal in the warp2 cwm installer from this post
@felix_the_cat Try this:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Upvote 0
ZTE is a real GAY cellphone Manufacturer.
I can understand your scenario now..

I guess your phone was previously rooted, so it has su binary in system/xbin/
when you run su.. it keeps looking for permission..

and goes into endless loops...

I tried same with my brand new flash, it throws me su not found in system/bin/sh

then, I rooted my phone with kingo method.. again rebooted in FTM mode.. This time Su worked fine for me..

you most probably rooted with "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_" method.. In this method binary of su is old. so su command goes in endless loopss...

now if you can manually push SU then it may work. but i understand it will throw you read only error....

it can be tricky now... :( ......
wait try getting a old version of adb.. Same issue was faced by my old flash once.. SU got stuck on my home laptop.. but it worked on my office xp.... If i got time i will try to root again with binary and try it for you...

Reactions: felix_the_cat
Upvote 0
Yes, you are rigth,When my device was worging fine, I rooted it with "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_" method. Then I uninstalled some app in system directory, I was trying to remove this " sprint hands free activation" but, after restart, my device stuck in android logo. Now I have been unable to unbrick my ZTE Flash N9500. I tried your methods but, unfortunately don't worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones