1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root **Respect the developer, Respect their work**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Biotic, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Construction and Android Developer
    Pennsylvania
    With the new era of developers being born, we must be respected. Im seeing some of us are taking advantage over things that shouldnt be or even be released to the community.
    I was once told this and ive said it once so il share again.
    In my eyes, android is a great tool, project, software, and a fun way to get people to work together but it can also be abused.
    Android can also become a civial war, its an all out war to see who has the best aos on their device in the same deviced community. Android is open source meaning it shouldnt be and cant be taken for ones self as it should be shared and worked on together.

What im trying to say is... this is a kickass community so lets keep the title, respect our devs hard work, dont ruin it for others and support the android community all you can.
    Lets keep the t in team.
    Goodnight everyone, time to head to work for this dev

Advertisement

lightningdude, Xyro, Valkerie and 6 others like this.
  2. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Ice cream depleater, rhyme repeater
    SoCal
    This should be sticky'd at the top of the forum in big bold letters so it's impossible to miss... and violators banned.

Biotic likes this.
  3. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I for one just want the best OS possible on my phone. It is really frustrating to see devs invite people to test their OS before the release, and then people infuriate them to the point of not wanting to finish the project. PLEASE everyone, show the developers respect and be thankful for what they release. They are doing this on their own time, and with their own resources. I think the Ally is a great device and I dont want to see interest in it die for quite a while.

I have only had my phone for a few months but velocity has made my phone even more useful at times than my wifes stock Droid 2. I look forward to new development on velocity, stormdroid, gretel, bionic and any others in progress, and think I speak for most when I give a heartfelt THANK YOU to the devs.

Biotic likes this.
  4. lightningdude

lightningdude Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 9, 2010
    Personally, this is what has made me glad to switch phones. I now have a Samsung Fascinate running CM7, and I definitely don't miss the development drama. To those who release people's work before they're ready, and also to those who press the eta issue, you should be ashamed of yourselves. The developers are doing this in their own spare time, not getting paid for it. Sure, some may ask for donations, but you're not denied access if you don't. People need to grow up.

This part is my own opinion, and you may not agree with me, but that's fine. I'm not seeking a debate, just offering my opinion. As far as developers stopping their work because someone leaks their stuff, I can understand the disappointment, even anger about it. But giving up just because it gets leaked? Do you realize how many movies or games would have gone unfinished if they took the same attitude? I understand there's a difference in terms of budgets and stuff, but personally, if my project was leaked, that'd just make me want to take that much longer and make it better than before. If someone downloads an unsupported, bugged project, that's on their heads.

5. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    I agree but,
    its an act of punishment for not following rules

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Android Forums' policy here is simple; leaking or otherwise distributing something against the wishes of the owner is considered piracy and perpetrators face infraction up to and including account suspension. Whatever the supposed motive, the fact remains that all code is somebody's intellectual property. Just because no money changes hands doesn't make something free to distribute without the owner's express permission.

Developers also closely control their test builds to stamp out specific bugs, and a premature release might well cause unexpected issues if flashed to an unintended target. If the dev hasn't okay'd the build for general release there's probably a very good reason why, so please respect that.

Android Forums is a community-driven site, and the community is overwhelmingly in favour of respecting the work of developers.

remicks, cr5315 and lightningdude like this.
  7. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    As it should

8. myfishbear

myfishbear Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    cardiac ultrasonographer
    NJ
    im Sooooo happy to not dev anymore!

9. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
    Just to add to what slug said...

Some people are lucky we caught the leaked roms of Velocity and Frunisher so fast before they happened, and the leaked builds at least worked. A couple of my frunisher betas bricked my ally a couple times, and one of my tester's :X. Complete accident and we got our devices back up after an all-nighter of using LGNPST and other tools.

But still. Leaked betas are well.....BETA, so of course crap will be broken.

rgocal

good luck with bionic ;)

Biotic and cr5315 like this.
  10. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    *pushes the imaginary close thread button...

Tags: