• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ReSpot - Spotify Remote for Android

Hey, this is great! Wanted this sort of app for ages, anyway I was gonna knock up a UI for ya but the originals link doesn't work, could you repost the new link or something? Cheers!

i am glad that you like it. :)

not sure which link you are referring to? If you look at h3x.se on the first page you'll see the new look (may have to scroll down a bit).

Upvote 0
I meant the UI images so I could have a go a making a UI. Also seems quite buggy, doesn't always work, haven't managed to get my playlists yet, it says connected but I can't change track, I can search however and it sometimes queues the songs but it doesn't recognize it is playing anything so doesn't seem to work. Really want this to work!!

Upvote 0
I meant the UI images so I could have a go a making a UI. Also seems quite buggy, doesn't always work, haven't managed to get my playlists yet, it says connected but I can't change track, I can search however and it sometimes queues the songs but it doesn't recognize it is playing anything so doesn't seem to work. Really want this to work!!

Try re-startng Serviy/J. The first time using servify/j is always a bit weird because of the spotify playlist servers most likely.

Sometimes queues? It should always qeueu the song, but in the version you have there's no feedback of this in the Search tab, that's been fixed it the next version.

If you could provide concrete example(s) of a work flow that doesnt work then i can investigate and fix it.

cheers

Upvote 0
yet another version has been released!

new features:
x) dequeue all
x) progressbar
x) new icons
x) pause
x) pause on incoming calls

new UI:

playback_2010-02-17-200x300.png

Upvote 0
Not sure.. Got a quite a few offers of help that day. Tried reaching out but no one came back..

And the above mockup while neat and all isnt something i can use unless it's split up in separate parts and as .PNG format... (ie: need icons for the buttons etc etc).

Hey now! I didn't hear anything from you - did you email me?

Either way, I'd be up for helping. What I initially posted was a mockup that took me about 5 minutes to produce. If you want, I can make it better / do it properly and provide you with all the files you need at the correct sizes.

Drop me a PM or look me up online - I'm easy to find. :)

Upvote 0
For my internet? 169.60.34.95. reverse that is. I've tried both ways and two internets! Got the newest java.

you should most likely not use the internet ip adress, now this all depends on your home network. please list the computer(s) on your network, their ip adresses, is there a router present, list that too. also the operating system on the servify computer .

Upvote 0
What do you mean?

I use a router. windows xp. computers on the net? 2-3?

then you most definitely should not use the internet ip address taht would be assigned to your router.

the computer running serivfy most likely has a address starting with 192.x.y.z or 10.x.y.z
us that.

make no router-changes.

disable any windows firewall running on the serviry computer.

Upvote 0
Another new version ready! Servify upgrade needed!

NEW UI! (may be a few kinks with it still)
playback_2010-04-11_release-200x300.png

browser_2010-04-11_release-200x300.png

UPDATE 2010.04.11
x) New UI! Work In Progress - please report issues
x) Fixed FC issue(s)
x) MoveToNext - moves track to be played next in play queue

UPDATE 2010.03.31
x) trigger artist/album browse from search view

Upvote 0
Hi!

I get this message that Playlist not loading... Pleese help me.

2010.04.26-10:30:39 [ INFO ] Initiating Servify/J...
2010.04.26-10:30:39 [ INFO ] Please wait, logging on to Spotify, this can take a few seconds!
2010.04.26-10:30:41 [ INFO ] Servify/J is ready to accept connections!
2010.04.26-10:30:41 [ INFO ] Listening on port: 1122
2010.04.26-10:30:51 [ ERROR ] Exception caught! Playlists not loading
2010.04.26-10:30:51 [ ERROR ] java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timeout while waiting for data.
at de.felixbruns.jotify.protocol.channel.ChannelCallback.get(ChannelCallback.java:79)
at de.felixbruns.jotify.JotifyConnection.playlist(JotifyConnection.java:838)
at se.h3x.servify.Server$1.run(Server.java:112)

Thanks
Niklas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones