• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rest in Peace John R. Wooden

DrScrubs

Apr 12, 2010
John Wooden, college basketball's gentlemanly Wizard of Westwood who built one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports at UCLA and became one of the most revered coaches ever, has died. He was 99. - From the Associated Press.

Today we lost a great man and heaven gained a great one. Tonight, Coach John Wooden is finally back with the love of his life, his wife Nell again. He can now talk to her about all the letters he has been writing to her on the 21st of every month since she passed away in 1985. Coach, you were a great human being and that was what made you a great coach. Coach Wooden was and still is, a huge reason why I am proud to be a UCLA Bruin. You will be greatly missed and forever remembered.

This thread is a small tribute to a great man. I sincerely and humbly ask that anyone who has something negative to say to please keep it to themselves. You have my deepest and heartfelt appreciation.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones