1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support restart bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sjr14221, Apr 3, 2012.

1. sjr14221

sjr14221 Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    I recently bought the 7.7 lte on Verizon. The first day following overnight charge, I downloaded a bunch of apps and used the internet for several hours.

The next day, I turned it on, tried to start internet, and it started shutting down and restarting over and over. I returned the tablet and got a new one. The Verizon folks had no clue why it was restarting. After about a week, the new tablet started the same behavior, but a manual restart using the power button would reset it back to normal.

Any clue why this is happening? I really love the tablet otherwise; I chose not to return it to Verizon during my 14-day window. Verizon call center tech support, while very nice, had no knowledge of this issue (likely due to it's very recent release).

Advertisement

2. Queen6

Queen6 Member
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    I would look carefully at what you have loaded on the tablet, as it`s likely that there is some conflict. Look at what is consuming the most RAM and CPU time, my own 7.7 has never restarted it`s self.

The fact that you can rest the tablet with the power button, and two 7.7`s with the same symptoms also tends to re-enforce that it`s something on the SW side. I tend to be careful what I put on my Android devices as some apps can be prone to memory leaks, high CPU & battery usage, a little research goes a long way.

sjr14221 likes this.
  3. gaugerer

gaugerer Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I would try letting the battery go flat which is a real power down and see if that fixes it. I would also try a factory reset.