• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restart every n days

I reboot about twice a week, as I do on my PC. I usually do it before I jump in the shower (I shower more frequently than that, however lol).
And there have been three occasions since I bought the phone (December 31) where the phone crashed to the point where i had to perform a battery pull. That happened when I was trying to do too many things at once with not enough available device memory (like others here, I see noticeable performance issues when it goes below 50MB free).

Upvote 0
I guess that is the more logical thing to do hahaha however do we have to worry about the battery wearing out from charging it every night even if its not completely drained? I always get mixed answers on this.

No. Lithium batteries like partial charges. If you look at the specs, they say they have n charge cycles. However, if you go from about 50% to 100% battery, it is not 1 cycle. The stress put on the battery in terms of salt build up on the anode and cathode is about 1/2 that of a full charge. In the same way, going from 2/3 to full battery is about 1/3 of a charge in terms of stress. This stress of salt build up is the ONLY stress in the battery. So you can charge a battery rated at n cycles 5n times if you only charge it 20% per charge. What the n charge cycles means is n 0 to 100% cycles.

On a different note, with Lithium ion batteries, if you wash the Lithium salts off with water, you can reuse the battery. This is actually my research topic. Its really cool. The only probles is doing that without causing absurd amounts of hazardous waste or without wasting the chemicals in the battery. Additionaly, it is hard to reconnect the anode and cathode in the battery after the wash.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Install ATK. I promise it will change things. Put the widget icon on your Home screen and tap it once to clear everything. Phone lasts forever and has yet to lag to a frustrating degree. And I get frustrated very easily.

As I mentioned, 200+ hours without a reset. Which means it's been golden for me, never screwing up once for me.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones