1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Restore Apps on SD Card After Installing ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steelersmb, Aug 30, 2010.

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I was wondering how do you get your apps on your SD card back after installing a new ROM? I run a backup using MyBackup Pro and after installing a new ROM and restoring from my backup, my apps that I had moved over to my SD Card don't show up on my phone. I have to reinstall them. Is there anyway to recover them from my SD Card automatically?

Advertisement

2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Student / Dev
    Oklahoma
    You can Astro or any file manager to manually install apps on the sdcard.

3. steelersmb

Jun 8, 2010
    I am using SDMove. The problem is after installing a new ROM, how do I get the apps back on my phone? Do I have to manually reinstall all the apps that I moved to the SD Card because after restoring from a backup, they don't show up after installing a new ROM.

4. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Well, if you are using the cm6 rom, most of your apps will re-install themselves in the background after your first reboot.

5. steelersmb

Jun 8, 2010
    I am using Fresh's ROM. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. Either I am doing something wrong or everyone just deals with reinstalling apps manually that they move to the SD card.

6. og512

og512 New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I am actually having the same problem. I think you have to go in manually reinstall the apps on the SD card. i think the whole premise behind SD Move is that you are backing up the .apk file so that you don't have to re-download it from the market but it is truly a pain in the ass.

Tags: