1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support restore contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by buckie33, Nov 13, 2010.

1. buckie33

buckie33 Member

Jun 25, 2010
    City Planner
    Ontario
    backed up my phone (x10) and then updated to 2.1. I thenn restored the data and everything was restored (apps ect) but not contacts, the main thing i wanted to restore, I keep going back to restore the phone and it keeps saything that the contacts have been restored, but they havnt.

Can anyone help out!?!?!?!?

Advertisement

2. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Open your contact list (which may be nearly empty) and hit the menu buton. Choose "Import Contacts" and then try either of those options (SIM / Memory Card). A friend and I recently updated and found that the "Backup & Restore" app is anything but reliable. Especially in the areas it should be flawless... such as contacts.

3. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Correct. You need to import from Contacts:
    Phone-Contacts-Menu-Import Contacts-Memory Card.

The file is called PIMXXXXX.vcf where XXXX is the backup number, eg PIM00004.vcf.

Search your SD card first for the vcf file. it should be under sd/system/PIM

4. shobana

shobana New Member

Mar 24, 2011

hey, did you get back the contacts?? :((
    even i have the same issue..!!!! :((
    all other than contacts have been imported back to phone from backup and restore after updating my phone to android 2.1 :((
    please.. someone do the help..............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

5. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The backup and restore app doesn't back up contacts that have been synced so have a look at your google mail account online to see if they are there or possibly on SE sync.