1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Restore Custom Android Gingerbread 2.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xmg, Feb 11, 2011.

1. xmg

xmg Newbie

Hey guys i was thinking of root android 2.3 gingerbread custom but im not sure because i want to know if i can restore it back to my original firmware?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Depends on your original "firmware". Cant help without specifics.

3. xmg

xmg Newbie

its a HTC Desire

Firmware: 2.2

Kernesystem 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c

Software Number: 2.29.405.5

4. SUroot

Ok that's unbranded, so yes you can download the ruu for that and return competely to stock

5. xmg

xmg Newbie

oh cool and how can i reset the firmware back to original?

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Completely back to original, including unrooted: you download the RUU, plug your phone into the PC, and run the RUU. It does wipe the phone though.

Shipped-roms is the usually-referenced source of RUUs. The page I've linked there is for the GSM Desire.

Or if you want to return to your current ROM but stay rooted, take a recovery backup ("nandroid") before flashing - which you should do anyway - and if you don't like 2.3 just go back into recovery and restore from that backup. It will put your phone back to exactly the state it was in when you took the backup.

Read the FAQs in SUroot's sig before doing anything.

7. xmg

xmg Newbie

Okay :) thank you very much!

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

No worries - come join us in the root subforum, and there will be plenty of people happy to advise, and help out if you hit problems.

9. SUroot

Unfortunately shipped roms can be unreliable. Look for posts by eddyos. He posts links to the ruu quite regulary ;)

Tags: