1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

restore CWM isssues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevincott, Apr 24, 2012.

1. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Trying to restore a CWM backup (CTMod3.5),

Checking MD5 sums...
    Erasing boot before restore...
    Restoring boot image...
    Error while flashing boot image!

Been working on this a while now and am stumped. I did not change file or folder names.

Trying to restore CTMod from CM9, have tried different 'load from's like cm7 and stok.

Loaded stok w cwm from Odin, no good.

I have a hard time believing my CTMod3.5 image is bad, any help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

I've only had 1 instance when I couldn't restore a CWM backup. I don't know how or why but it just wouldn't restore kevin. Thing must have gotten corrupt somehow.

DaisFlaque likes this.
  3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

I am sorry to have to post this but I agree with Wet... I have run into this problem one time, one time only... I wrote off backups for a month until I realized It simply can not be reproduced... Sorry kevin..
    P.S. I do believe that is exactly what CWM told me too...

4. wetbiker7

Now you wanna hear the really bad news? I ended up having to start from scratch. I went ahead and started with Odin to make sure that everything was fixed.:p

5. DaisFlaque

Yeah I just had to do that cuz all the lag and general wierdness. I like fresh installs anyway and I want to find that (mark)... I am trying to find the limit... Just wanna know:p Ya know... I have been keeping a log, of how many times I flash a rom, since this January.

6. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Might not have anything to do with it but couldn't hurt, did you check your mounts?? There's been times I've ran into errors with a backup restoring, and after I checked my mounts and tried a setting and went to try the restore again it went through at that point...

EDIT: It happened to me like that when I went between CTMod and a rom like CM7/CM9...

DaisFlaque likes this.
  7. wetbiker7

OMG. I couldn't even begin to count the times that I've wiped mine. LOL

I'm with you on the fresh install too. I've always gotten all around better results when starting fresh with Odin. Especially when switching from a completely different ROM. :)

8. DaisFlaque

Good Idea Slayer... Solutions... How about wiping everything twice ('cept fer SDcard) ??
    This includes Davlic/catch/system/data...

9. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Thx Dais, I usually wipe cache x2, wipe dalvik-cache x2, wipe data x2, rebooting into recovery in between each series of wipes, then right before I restore a backup or do a fresh install just for added measure I go into Advanced and do a manual format on system, data, cache, and sd-ext just to make damn good and sure everything is completely wiped out... :p

10. wetbiker7

Yeah, Olicious370 mentioned that in MIUI thread. He said that sometimes all of the data might not get removed and that wiping the Dalvik and cache twice would help. Makes a lot of sense to me.

11. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Thanks for the replies.

I deleted all datas X2 as suggested by Slayer and have tried every scenario I can think of.

I have accepted that my image was corrupted, repartitioned my SDcard (wiped all data) and am rebuilding my phone.

**sigh**, at least I am becoming more efficient at the rebuilds ...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

12. wetbiker7

Yep. It's rare but it happens.

13. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

I've also had this happen to me if I was restoring on the wrong baseband. Example cm9 currently running on FA19 but my ctmod restore is on EJ06.

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk

14. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Ah, yes, this is true... :)

15. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

i agree with Xrutpor..i have had the samr happen when using CM9 on FA19 baseband then trying to restore a CM7 backup of EJ06...somehow something gets screwed up when jumping inbetween different Basebands and ROMs..Lesson i learned was making sure that my favorite backup was stored on my pc

16. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

i rename them all and keep all on pc as soon as i can or right away buckup to pc, is a wonderfull thing!!

17. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

I do the same thing. Everything is hyper organized on my PC and clearly named. OCD with my files lol

18. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

I make backups all the time since I'm a paranoid freak. I have Titanium Backup also setup on schedules to automatically backup some stuff like SMS a few days out of the week. Yes I'm that paranoid about data loss ;) Afterwards, I transfer the stuff to my PC every so often.

19. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

I was poking around in titanium, in the more options menu, appears you can access your nandroid backups as well. Pro version only though?

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews