• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restore Dolphin Settings

D

Deleted User

I just got a new phone (Epic 4G Touch). I used Dolphin HD on my old phone, Epic 4G. On the old phone, I backed up the settings in Dolphin. It created a directory on my SD card (TunnyBrowser) where the backups are stored.

On the new phone, I tried to restore. It said it was successful, but none of my settings transferred over. I know there are some issues with the internal / external SD card, so I put the TunnyBrowswer folder in both the internal and external SD cards, but still no go.

Any thoughts?

I just got a new phone (Epic 4G Touch). I used Dolphin HD on my old phone, Epic 4G. On the old phone, I backed up the settings in Dolphin. It created a directory on my SD card (TunnyBrowser) where the backups are stored.

On the new phone, I tried to restore. It said it was successful, but none of my settings transferred over. I know there are some issues with the internal / external SD card, so I put the TunnyBrowswer folder in both the internal and external SD cards, but still no go.

Any thoughts?

I just hit this myself (or something similar). After spending hours organizing the bookmarks (100's) on my Samsung 10.1 Tab (Dolphin HD), I wanted to copy them, as they are to my Samsung phone, also Dolphin HD. One would think that to be strait forward. Ya, right!
I used the SD Bookmark add-on and exported to Tunnybrowser\Bookmarks on tab, then moved that file, using Dropbox, to the phones Tunnybrowser\Bookmarks. Using the phones SD Bookmark add-on, I imported to Dolphin. Nothing, nothing, nothing. The new bookmarks would not integrate with the phones Dolphin.
This morning (out of desperation) I did the following which seemed to work (not really tested yet).
On tab dolphin (8.1.1) went to "Settings" -> "Privacy & Personal Data" -> "Backup". That put all my Dolphin settings, including BOOKMARKS in Tunnybrowser\Backup. Again using a Dropbox transfer, I overwrote Tunnybrowser\Backup on the phone.
Finally, on the phone's Dolphin "Settings" -> "Privacy & Personal Data" -> "Restore".
There were the new bookmarks in all their glory.
I still don't know if I screwed anything else up yet; but I thought I'd pass along my "bump in the road".
Good luck

Reactions: dunaengus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones