1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Restore factory settings = lose carrier?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by raduq, Sep 25, 2011.

1. raduq

raduq Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Cluj Napoca - Romania
    I have locked my gmail account to my phone's Android Market application, meaning I can't log into the Android Market with another account.

And I can't delete that account from the phone. I've read a few tutorials and tried those... the ones with the making a new account and trying to log in with that, etc. but it didn't work.

Now, the only solution I see is using what the phone suggests: going back to factory settings. But because it's a new phone and it's more of a exchange phone for a month, a Samsung Galaxy S2.. I'm a bit worried about doing the factory reset.

I would like to ask, the people that did this, what exactly do you lose when you do a factory reset and especially if you lose your carrier when you go back to factory settings.. The carrier on this phone is Orange.

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

Advertisement

2. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Hi

What do you mean by "locked yourself out"; can you not access your google account at all? Or is it just with market that you are affected?

I did my first reset last week and the only thing I lost were apps I'd downloaded. All my network settings etc remained intact (they are triggered by your SIM anyway), even my wallpaper.

You'll need to think about backing up your contacts though; might be worth adding your new gmail account and sycning with that to back them up before you reset.