1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support restore Fender Mytouch to version 1.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ozziesironman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ozziesironman

ozziesironman Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    mechanic
    san diego
    Hi, I'm trying to fix my mom's Fender Mytouch for her. when T-Mobile let out that Froyo update, it really crippled this phone. even now, after doing a hard master reset, the wifi will work for a couple of minutes then cut out. note I am NOT using a SIM card at the moment...

it will randomly reboot, its a horrible experience to use. the market wont connect, opening up the messaging app, it crashes. browser will crash after a few minutes. its SUPER SUPER SLOW. my iphone 3G running 4.2.1 seemed like a ferrarri compared to this Mytouch.

so anyways, sorry for the ramble. It is a tad more difficult for me to root this phone, because
    1. I don't have a microsd card adapter to hook up to my computer to make a gold card,
    2. I dont have network access to get on the android market to download appinstaller, and
    3. (and the most important one, i think). I am unable to run Windows.

I am still on a Powermac G5 (Dual-Core 2GHz PowerPC processor, unable to run Windows natively), so I am having to use XP in virtual pc 7, which is slow, (but the mytouch makes xp emulated look like an i7). I am also having problems hooking the phone up to the "virtual machine".

correct me if im wrong, but I am going to outline the steps real quick to downgrading.

1. root the phone.
    2. make the gold card and include the custom 1.6 firmware and all the radio and all that stuff on it
    3. boot the phone into recovery and let it do its thing.

are there any solutions to my problem, or am I SOL until I get to a Windows computer?

Advertisement