• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore help

zoomin31

Aug 18, 2010
So I have been reading alot about GB and decided to update from froyo. I made a back up with bootstrap and I really like how it saves everything no need to do anything restore right where you left off. I upgraded to Gb and thought maybe I could use this restore to put all my apps back, my screens setup the way I like and most importantly I don't have to reenter user names and passwords into all my apps. Well it bricked my phone I couldnt get past the motorola emblem. I SBF'ed back to froyo. My question is can I upgrade to gb and then restore all my stuff right back the way I had it or am I stuck setting up screens, passwords, alarms, dictionaries and all the other stuff that's a royal pita. Thanks ahead of time.

So I have been reading alot about GB and decided to update from froyo. I made a back up with bootstrap and I really like how it saves everything no need to do anything restore right where you left off. I upgraded to Gb and thought maybe I could use this restore to put all my apps back, my screens setup the way I like and most importantly I don't have to reenter user names and passwords into all my apps. Well it bricked my phone I couldnt get past the motorola emblem. I SBF'ed back to froyo. My question is can I upgrade to gb and then restore all my stuff right back the way I had it or am I stuck setting up screens, passwords, alarms, dictionaries and all the other stuff that's a royal pita. Thanks ahead of time.

You were trying to restore a Froyo nandroid on Gingerbread? No, that won't work. Unless you take the official GB update you'll have to re-setup everything, sorry to say. Perhaps if you use Titanium Backup to restore your apps, but there've been people with problems who've done that. Froyo and GB don't like to mix data often. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones