1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restore playlists from .pla files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pea Bear, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Pea Bear

Pea Bear Lurker

Recently I had to factory reset my Samsung Galaxy SIII. I backed up most of my stuff to my SD Card (don't own a computer and therefore Samsung Kies is no option). I now need to restore all of my playlists. I have them all saved in a folder called playlists currently on my SD card and they are all .pla files. The thing is I can't figure out where to put them to restore them. I have tried making a new playlist in Music to see where it default saves so I can paste my playlists to the same location but I can't see the folder. I downloaded the app ES File Explorer and searched for one of the test playlists and it located it in Emulated/0/Playlists however I can't access that folder or even see it. I have tried selecting the setting that allows me to view hidden files but that still doesn't let that folder show up. I can't figure out how to do this! Can someone please help, these playlists represent hours and hours of work and I use them for my job so I can't lose them! I'd appreciate any help to be written in laymens terms as I really don't understand a lot of the technical stuff so please keep it simple for me!

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews