• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore stock apps?

kree

Lurker
Dec 3, 2010
Hi all! First post and not sure if I placed it in the correct area, sorry.

My problem is this: I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware, the main reason I rooted in the first place, but then the 2.3 update came out. I found out that I needed those apps to install the update, but didn't make backups of them and cannot figure out how to get them back.

Is there any way to:
A, get those apps reinstalled?
B, Back up ALL of my application's data and perform
a factory reset, then update and reflash
C, Install the update some other way?

I know how to do an Advanced Restore, but don't know if one of those options will restore the application data I already have.

Thanks to all!

After reading this, i am wondering....I use Z4root when needed, with Titanium backup. I think i might have accidentally completely removed City ID from the phone. If i did, will i not ever receive a OTA notice? I keep it unrooted until i want to do something. Using Astro, i can find all the settings and data for City ID, but not the app itself. Do i really need it to be able to receive an OTA notice, even if i am unrooted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones