1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Restore stock apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kree, Dec 3, 2010.

1. kree

kree New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi all! First post and not sure if I placed it in the correct area, sorry.

My problem is this: I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware, the main reason I rooted in the first place, but then the 2.3 update came out. I found out that I needed those apps to install the update, but didn't make backups of them and cannot figure out how to get them back.

Is there any way to:
    A, get those apps reinstalled?
    B, Back up ALL of my application's data and perform
    a factory reset, then update and reflash
    C, Install the update some other way?

I know how to do an Advanced Restore, but don't know if one of those options will restore the application data I already have.

Thanks to all!

Advertisement

2. Kopitar32

Kopitar32 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    U.S.
    First, 2.3 (gingerbread) has not been released yet, so I'm guessing that you're referring to the NOV OTA.

Second, did you do a nandroid backup, or a titanium backup? Also, when removing bloatware you shouldn't delete apk's, rather create a new folder and move them.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
  4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    you could either install a custom ROM with the update, or unroot your phone going back to stock...install the OTA updates...and then re-root using unrEVOked.

5. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    EOD/UXO
    Nevada
    After reading this, i am wondering....I use Z4root when needed, with Titanium backup. I think i might have accidentally completely removed City ID from the phone. If i did, will i not ever receive a OTA notice? I keep it unrooted until i want to do something. Using Astro, i can find all the settings and data for City ID, but not the app itself. Do i really need it to be able to receive an OTA notice, even if i am unrooted?