• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore to old rom after flashing new

0orickyo0

Sep 1, 2010
I am currently running gingervillain. I have done both nandroid and titanium backups.

My question is...if i flash a different rom and want to go back to my gingervillain setup, if i restore from my backups, will all be as it was before flashing the new rom??

Thanks!

If you restore from a nandroid then it will put you back to exactly where you were when you took the nandroid (as far as rom, apps, data are concerned - it doesn't back up radios).

If your Ti backups are more recent, you can use them after restoring from the nandroid. Only thing to watch is that you shouldn't restore system settings backed up while running a different ROM, i.e. just restore more recent/missing apps and their data.

Reactions: 0orickyo0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones