1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Restored Apex...Big problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irmac, Mar 20, 2011.

1. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Hey guys, I just restored an Apex 1.4 build that had a honeycomb theme and honeycombed launcher pro plus applied and some reason I can't even get it...It boots up and I get like 4 different things continually force closing. One of them says good on it. Any ideas? I really want to use this backup :(

Advertisement

2. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    it just seems that backups cause far more trouble than they are worth. something always wants to have a conflict. i dont even bother with making them anymore, just wipe everything and install fresh. i just keep my ROM's organized in folders with the related theme and custom stuff i make for that ROM. I know this doesnt help any but might give you something to consider.

3. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Yeah thanks good idea, luckily it's not to big of a deal because I think CM7 will probably come out for the X now that the bootloader is being unlocked :)

4. faber78

faber78 Guest
    None
    ^what he said

5. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    Well, I know it is usually a good thing to do a clean install, but once I install a new rom and then get all of my stuff installed and set like I like it, I make a nandroid backup with bootstrap. I have one for Apex 1.3, Apex 1.40 & 1.4.1, Liberty 1.0 & 1.5, and DarkSlide 4.2. I have moved from one to another by simply restoring my backups and have zero problems at all. I use Droid X Bootstrap Recovery and then select my backup file and restore it. Works great for me.