• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restored Apex...Big problem

irmac

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hey guys, I just restored an Apex 1.4 build that had a honeycomb theme and honeycombed launcher pro plus applied and some reason I can't even get it...It boots up and I get like 4 different things continually force closing. One of them says good on it. Any ideas? I really want to use this backup :(

it just seems that backups cause far more trouble than they are worth. something always wants to have a conflict. i dont even bother with making them anymore, just wipe everything and install fresh. i just keep my ROM's organized in folders with the related theme and custom stuff i make for that ROM. I know this doesnt help any but might give you something to consider.

Upvote 0
it just seems that backups cause far more trouble than they are worth. something always wants to have a conflict. i dont even bother with making them anymore, just wipe everything and install fresh. i just keep my ROM's organized in folders with the related theme and custom stuff i make for that ROM. I know this doesnt help any but might give you something to consider.
^what he said

Upvote 0
Well, I know it is usually a good thing to do a clean install, but once I install a new rom and then get all of my stuff installed and set like I like it, I make a nandroid backup with bootstrap. I have one for Apex 1.3, Apex 1.40 & 1.4.1, Liberty 1.0 & 1.5, and DarkSlide 4.2. I have moved from one to another by simply restoring my backups and have zero problems at all. I use Droid X Bootstrap Recovery and then select my backup file and restore it. Works great for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones