• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restoring a Google Drive Backup to Samsung Galaxy

MikeBot

Lurker
Jan 23, 2022
After several years of faithful service, my Nokia 7.1 phone has finally bitten the dust after an unfortunate incident with a large volume of water.

I've ordered a Samsung Galaxy S10 as a replacement, and my Nokia was backed up to Google Drive, however, I can't seem to find how to restore the Google Drive backup to my Nokia S10.

SmartSwitch isn't an option because my Nokia won't switch on.

Many thanks in advance!

what do you have backed on google drive?
My old Nokia 7.1 was backed up to Google Drive using the automatic backup feature in the article you lined to. This creates a backup of the whole phone including apps, call history, etc. etc.

When moving from Nokia --> Nokia in the past, I've been able to restore this backup to the new phone without issue and I'm trying to work out how to do the same with my Samsung S10

Upvote 0
Mike, You might have more luck than me in reaching the phone from at terminal installed at a PC and using the bmgr commands. It is supposed to both backup - and in You case - recover the backup that You see at Google Drive.
I am not a "hard coder" but I succeeded in installing a library with some tools om my PC and from the I could access the phone set in developer mode and also connect to the Google Drive backup. I did not restore my phone, but You might..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones