1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring/backing up apps via USB?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snapcase, Dec 25, 2011.

1. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

So since the Galaxy Nexus stupidly doesn't have removable storage, we have to use MTP or PTP to transfer files. That's leaving me unable to restore some old apps I had on my old phone.

Namely, Note Everything's folder doesn't show up on my PC with my Galaxy Nexus hooked up. I copied the files from my Droid to my PC then plugged in the GN and there's no folder there. In fact almost no folders show up. However using Estrongs I see the Note Everything folder right there on the GN.

So what gives? Am I totally screwed for restoring old programs and backing up new ones? Or is there some workaround out there? Wish I'd realized this before I bought, it could be a deal breaker to not be able to backup all my data.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

I finally read about Airdroid and it got the trick done. Kinda a pain compared to just plugging it in then drag and drop.... but it worked. Got all my notes on the nexus. Also my old, unupdated version of Beautiful Widgets and a few other apps that can't be gotten on the nexus anymore.

I'm disappointed the original Dolphin has issues though. Never did like the HD version of that browser.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews